It’s considered rude and against business etiquettes if you answer a call while in meetings or in important public gatherings or check e-mails on your smart phone. This is what Peter Post writes in his article: “Business Etiquette: Be Smart with Your Smart Phone” on managersmarter.com.
If you are occupying important position in an organization, you need to be careful about using your smart phones.
Here are the suggestions for such persons:
- Take care of your surroundings. Talk softly.
- Don’t keep confidential information on smart phone.
- Avoid use of smart phones during face to face conversations.
- Don’t show off your smart phone in public places or restaurants. This is also considered rude.
- Keep your phone off, silent or move away before using it.
You can read full article at this link: Business Etiquette: Be Smart with Your Smart Phone