As discussed in “Introduction To Environment For Joomla.”, the two types of most popular environments are LAMP and WAMP. Today we will setup WAMP, for windows. LAMP is almost always already available. Hats off to Linux community. 🙂
So, we’ll be discussing WAMP only.
The steps are given one by one:
- Click on WAMP software exe file. You’ll see as the screen below:
- Then you are presented with the path of program installation.
- Then you are presented with the folder name where the shortcuts are placed.
- Then you are presented with the option that whether WAMP5 should be launched at startup or not. Tick the box to ensure that it gets launched at startup.
- Click on Install button to continue.
- You see the progress bar as below:
- Choose the directory where you want the www directory to be located. I prefer D:\www
- Click on Next Button to proceed as below:
- Next you see the name of your mail server and email id to be used as shown in two pictures below:
- You see the pictures below at the end. Now you are ready to install joomla.