In my yesterday article, I have written about the “Joomla Components Menu – Banner.” .
Today I am continuing with the next Category Manager under Banner. I will omit the toolbars and list filter detail in this article because its same as mentioned in the previous article “Joomla Components Menu – Banner.”
What is Category Manager
The Banner Category Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Categories and create new ones. Note that Banner Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Contacts, News Feeds, and Web Links.
How to Access
Select Components → Banner → Categories from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla installation. You can also select the “Categories” link from either the Banner Manager or the Banner Client Manager.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column’s value.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article, Section, or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Order. The order to display items. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking the ‘Save Order’ icon in the column header.
- Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
- Public: Everyone has access
- Registered: Only registered users have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
You can change an item’s Access Level by clicking on the icon in the column.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).