Yesterday I wrote about the News Feeds in article “Day – 17” . Today I will write about next component menu “Polls”.Let’s start with the definition of Polls and how to access it?
What is Poll?
The Poll Component allows you to create poll questions for your site. Site visitors can then respond to the poll questions. This Component allows you to place up to 12 questions, or ‘options’, in each poll question.You can place a Poll on a web page using either a Poll Module (in the Modules Site – Poll) or a Poll Layout Menu Item (in the Menu Item Manager – New/Edit – Internal Link – Polls).
How to access
Select Components → Polls from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla installation.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Poll Title: The Title of the Poll. You can click this Title to open the Poll for editing.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Votes: The number of total votes in each poll.
- Options: The number of options, or questions, in each poll.
- Lag: The number of seconds before a poll can be voted again by the same User.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
- Publish. To publish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Unpublish. To unpublish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Delete. To delete one or more items, select them and click this button. The selected items will be deleted. Note: only empty items can be deleted.
- Edit. Select one item and click on this button to open it in edit mode. If you have more than one item selected (where applicable), the first item will be opened. You can also open an item for editing by clicking on its Title or Name.
- New. Click on this button to create a new item. You will enter the New page for this item.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items either by entering in part of the title. You can also select a Published State.
- Filter. In the upper left corner just above the column headings is a Filter field and two buttons, as shown above in figure.
If you have a large number of items on the list, you can use this filter to find the desired item(s) quickly. Enter either part of the title or an ID number and press ‘Go’ to display the matching items. You can enter in whole words or part of a word. For example, “ooml” will match all titles with the word “Joomla!” in them.
Filter by Published State In the upper right area, above the column headings, is a drop-down list box as shown above in figure.
- Select State. Use the drop-down list box to select the published state: Published or Unpublished. For Articles, you may also select Archived.