Yesterday I wrote about Write Message in article Day-24.Today I will write on Mass Mail next to Write Message under tools , What is mass mail and how it works. Let’s start with the definition of mass mail.
What is Mass Mail?
Click on Tools menu at backend and you will see mass mail sub menu. Click on this menu. The Mass Mail screen allows Users who are members of the “Super Administrator” group to send an e-mail message to all Users who are members of a specific group as shown in figure.
- Mail to Child Groups. Whether you want to send or not the E-mail to members of all child groups of the selected group. For example, if this box is checked and the group “Public Front-end” is selected, the e-mail would be sent to all members of the “Registered”, “Author”, “Editor” and “Publisher” groups.
- Send in HTML mode. Whether you want to send or not to E-mail with headers that identify it as an HTML document. E-mailclients that support this will render any HTML codes.
- Group. From here you can select the group you want to send the E-mail to.
- Recipients as BCC. Adds copy to site email. If you checked, all recipients will be included as BCC entries, so none will see any of the other recipients’ E-mail addresses.
- Subject Here you can enter the Subject of the E-mail. Try to make it as descriptive as possible.
- Message. Here you can enter the body of the E-mail. The message you want to sent via email .
Now we will discuss about the global configuration, The screen will as shown below in figure:
This pop-up screen is shown when the User clicks the ‘Parameters’ button on the Toolbar. Press the Save button to save any changes or Cancel to cancel any changes. It has two options
- Subject Prefix. Here you can enter a prefix to be prepended to the Subject of every mass E-mail.
- Mailbody Suffix. Here you can enter a suffix to be appended to the body of every mass E-mail. This is intended to be used as a site signature.
On the top right corner you will see toolbar at back end as shown above in figure.
- Send Mail This button is used to send the email and return to the main Mass Mail screen
- Cancel. When you click this button then it will Go back to the main screen of the Manager, without saving the modifications you made.
- Parameters. When you click this button , it will open the Global Configuration window as shown above in article. This window allows you to set default parameters for this type of item.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.