Yesterday, I wrote about Mass Mail in article Day-25.Today I will write on Global Check – In next to Mass Mail under tools , What is Global Check In and how it works. Let’s start with the definition of Global Check In
What is Global Check In?
Click on tools menu at backend and you will see global check in sub menu. Click on this menu. The Global Check In screen will cause Joomla! to perform a global check-in of all currently pending or locked items. It then shows the results of the Global Check-in. This is useful, for example, if an Article is locked by a User who opened it for editing and never finished the editing session. In this case, other Users are not able to edit this Article. Performing a Global Check-in releases all such items as shown below in figure.
On the top right corner you will see the following toolbar buttons:
- Options. Opens a light-box with a settings control panel.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Database Table. The name of the table checked.
- # of Items. The number of items checked out from the table.
- Checked-in. Whether the items were successfully checked in. A green check-mark indicates that the table was checked in successfully. A red X indicates that the table was not checked in correctly. An empty column indicates that there were no items to check in.
2 thoughts on “Day 26-Working With Joomla Tools Menu”
this post is very usefull thx!
Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!