So, your company has decided to implement Six Sigma. Before implementing Six Sigma there are some preliminary tasks which have to be completed. These are intended to make Six Sigma effective and that is asking yourself: What do I want to achieve and how. A long term commitment is required for successful implementation of Six Sigma.
Keeping your organization aim in mind the following points are the requirements to be fulfilled for successful Six Sigma Implementation:
- Your quality goals will be based on voice of customers.
- Total customer satisfaction will be the goals of your organization.
- Services will be provided with the belief that customer is always right.
- Compensations and corrective actions for defective services will be done earliest possible in customer’s favor.
- Customer will always be answered Yes for any kind of quality related requirements.
The following is comprehensive list of what to do once your goals and mission statements are defined.
- Your organization has to commit to Six Sigma culture. So, every employee will have every information they need to make sound judgments
- The employees will be provided time during working hours for making meetings for working on improvement.
- They will be provided sufficient trainings.
- Vision, Mission, Objectives, strategies etc. will needed to be well documented.
The ideas for this article are taken from â€œDemystifying Six Sigmaâ€ by Alan Larson.
The author was one of the original divisional quality directors at Motorola chartered with developing, training, and deploying the culture and methods of Six Sigma. They were able to reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and maximize customer satisfaction in all operations.
For those who want to learn more about Six Sigma for implementation, I have collected some books on Six Sigma, chosen from amazon. You can view the list for purchasing.