Making usage of Joomla is one of the most enjoyable things for me. In my lat article, I wrote about the “Joomla as Forum” Thanks to the technology, In this article I will write about Joomla and its framework. Who are new to IT or Joomla find this article very useful..
Hmmmmm.. Let’s start with …
Joomla includes several things , I will take you with me tour of Joomla… Am sure you would found it interesting !!!
What is Joomla
Joomla! is an open source content management system platform for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets as well as a Model–view–controller (MVC) Web application framework.I would also like to share features of Joomla with you.
- Free source code
- A large and eager community of users and developers
- Simple workflow system
- Publishing system for contents
- File manager for uploading and administering files
- Content summaries in RSS format
- Trash can for deleted content
- Search-engine-friendly URLs
- Banner management
- Multilingualism for website and administration interface
- Administration interface that is separated from the website
- Macro language for content (plug-ins)
- Caching mechanism to secure fast page creation with popular sites
- Simple installation of additional extensions
- Powerful template system (HTML, CSS, PHP)
- Hierarchical user groups
- Simple visitor statistics
- WYSIWYG editor for content
- Simple polling
- Rating system for content
Hmmm after going through the features of Joomla, Let’s take look at Framework of Joomla!!!!
Frame Work of Joomla!! it shows you how Joomla work and you can design Websites easily or design modules, components.
The first thing to be noticed Layers
- Extension Layer
- Application Layer
- Framework Layer
Am interested to explain more about Extnesion layers but little bit about Application and framework layer.
Extension Layer include Modules, Components and Templates.
Modules are lightweight and flexible extensions used for page rendering. Modules are assigned per menu item, for example, you can decide to show or hide the logon module depending on which component (menu item) is used. I would also like to share with you Module Manager information as I have of my joomla website, There are modules like Banner, Breadcrumbs.
I have not created these modules, you will found these modules by default with joomla installation. As joomla provides you several in built module and components so you can use them easily while creating WebSite…!! You can also install more according to your requirement.
Components are Joomla!’s content elements or applications that are usually displayed in the center of the main content …Like I have put info of Books into my Joomla Website
which will displayed in center of main content.
Templates A template controls the overall look and layout of a site. It provides the framework that brings together common elements, modules and components as well as providing the cascading style sheet for the site. Both the front-end and the back-end of the site have templates. Templates are managed by Template manager at admin backend. You will found under the Extension.
I can change the colors, layouts and positions , images, font effects . I can make my Joomla website ahaaaa with great look and feel. You can also customize the your template. Joomla has three templates by default … I have selected JA_purity from it.
It gives awesome look to my website. No need to worry if you don’t like existing one then You can found thousands of Templates from joomla websites for you . Just download and install o your joomla. See this is great Art of joomla. You can select your design template with in few minutes.
Hmmm.. Next one The middle, Application layer, consists of applications that extend the Framework JApplication class.
The bottom, Framework layer, consists of:-
- The Joomla Framework itself, whose classes are listed below.
- Libraries that are required by the Framework or are installed for use by third-party developers.
- Plugins extend the functionality available in the Framework.
Now Install Joomla and Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!