For those who want to learn linux by seeing the execution of commands, I’ve started creating the videos in youtube under my channel named worldiswelcome.
Mike replied, “Yes. But the point is that companies spend lots of money on development of products which they provide for free. To keep the business running, money has to come from somewhere.
Its very easy to publish polls into your joomla website. My previous article was “Art of Joomla”. Now I have written in my article “How to set poll module at right position and at content position”.
Let’s start with the Right position of poll module.
I have followed the below steps and get polls into my website. You will also found it interesting.
* Firstly I will log in to the Administrator back-end.
* Then I Click the Components> Polls menu item.The Poll Manager screen is opened.
* Now I click the New toolbar button to create my poll.
* Type the question like , I would like to type Vote for Magzine in the Title field .
* Hmm, then I Type an abbreviated title of my poll in the Alias field.
* Select the No or Yes radio button to publish or not poll. As I have selected the Yes.
* The I will move to type in the Options fields the possible choices for the answers of my poll.
* Now at end I will click on Save or Apply toolbar button to implement the new settings for my poll.
* I can see the title of my Poll in the Poll Manager table. From here I can edit if need to change poll title or answer options. Am done with the first step. Now my poll has been created.
Hmmm, Let’s take look with me “How I will publish this poll”
* Firstly I will click the Extensions> Module Manager menu item to view the Module Manager screen.
* Now click the New toolbar button to activate my new poll module.
* I will select the Poll radio button from the list of installed modules.
* The next step, I will click the Next toolbar button
* After clicking Next button, I will type the title of my Poll module in the Title field.
* Select the Yes radio button to choose if my module title is published. There is also option for No. You can choose it according to your requirement.
* Similarly in case of radio button enable/publish for module to my site.
* Select the module position from the drop down
Yes, I’ve been managing Unix and Linux servers before. Then I started running business and never got back to system administration again. We are at a stage where we should start making use of Linux for our work
This was Friday morning while he sat sipping his usual cup of black coffee at 11’O clock. He decided to leverage his own experience with Linux servers to manage the office infrastructure and tasks centrally. This was going pending for so long because of his own busyness with business management cycle. The point was, if not him, then who would be the one.
The book in your hands is the result of my learnings inside and outside my work and problem solving experience of the past 15 years. I wanted to present my work in Linux System Administration in the form of something unique.
Making usage of Joomla is one of the most enjoyable things for me. In my lat article, I wrote about the “Joomla as Forum” Thanks to the technology, In this article I will write about Joomla and its framework. Who are new to IT or Joomla find this article very useful..
Hmmmmm.. Let’s start with …
Joomla includes several things , I will take you with me tour of Joomla… Am sure you would found it interesting !!!
What is Joomla
Joomla! is an open source content management system platform for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets as well as a Model–view–controller (MVC) Web application framework.I would also like to share features of Joomla with you.
* Free source code
* A large and eager community of users and developers
* Simple workflow system
* Publishing system for contents
* File manager for uploading and administering files
* Content summaries in RSS format
* Trash can for deleted content
* Search-engine-friendly URLs
* Banner management
* Multilingualism for website and administration interface
* Administration interface that is separated from the website
* Macro language for content (plug-ins)
* Caching mechanism to secure fast page creation with popular sites
* Simple installation of additional extensions
* Powerful template system (HTML, CSS, PHP)
* Hierarchical user groups
* Simple visitor statistics
* WYSIWYG editor for content
* Simple polling
* Rating system for content
Hmmm after going through the features of Joomla, Let’s take look at Framework of Joomla!!!!
Frame Work of Joomla!! it shows you how Joomla work and you can design Websites easily or design modules, components.
Am here today to write article on how to use joomla as forum. As in my previous article I have written about Joomla as Blog. Today am going to write How we will use joomla as forum , I would like to install the most popular forum software I have activated the Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager menu so this forum software can work properly.
Following are the features of FireBoard :
* User-defined nesting forum categories
* As many forums as you want with access rights
* User profiles and user avatars
* Upload of files and images for a forum entry
Setting Up a Forum
Here I will explain how to set up forum into joomla.
After the installation of Fireboard software, I will set up a category first, which will act as a container around the forums contained inside. After creating category, I will set up the actual forum, which I can then assign to that category.
Am here today to discuss about the How to use JOOMLA as BLOG. Let’s start with difference between blog and joomla.
What is Blog ?
A blog is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.
What is Joomla?
Joomla is content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
According to above definition , Blog is a type of website or can be part of website but joomla is enriched with the content management system which is used to build web site. Its can not be part of website.
How to use Joomla! as Blog
Blogging is a great way to get more traffic to your site and communicate with the community interested in the same topics as you. Now am going to tell you how you can use joomla as blog for your site.
Following points need to considered for site as a blog :
How to structure Joomla! as a blog
Yesterday I wrote about Cache Manager in article Day-27.Today I will write on Purge Expired Cache next to Cache Manager under tools, What is Purge Expired Cache and how it works. Let’s start with the definition of Purge Cache Manager!
What is Purge Expired Cache?
Click on Tools menu at joomla administration backend and you will see Purge Expired Cache in sub menu. Click on this menu. You will see screen as shown below:
This tool will purge all expired cache files from the cache folders. Cache files which are still current are not purged.
* Because this process has to check each cache file individually, it is slower and requires more system resources than the Clean Cache option. However, once the purge process is complete, there should be no loss in speed for users of the site, because all current cache files are still available. In contrast, the Clean Cache option runs more quickly, since it just deletes all of the files in each cache folder. However, the website may be a little slower